David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet - Chevrolet repairs - Bad Weld
Update added by user Aug 15
The dealership has yet again changed it's name to Jim Glover Chevrolet http://www.jimgloverchevyontheriver.com/ 2 name changes in less than a year!
On 5-26-16, I received a call from Jim Glover at Jim Glover Chevrolet, Caller ID 918-663-2300, new owner of the dealer where the repairs were done. He stated that “I will come after you” if anything negative is posted on social media about Jim Glover Chevrolet. He also stated he wouldn't do anything to resolve and kept interrupting me to talk down to me.
Chevrolet Customer Assistance said to work with the Chevrolet dealer at that location now and wouldn't help further.
All a big runaround.Chevrolet points to the dealership and the dealership points elsewhere.
Update added by user Jan 12
Chevrolet attorney contacted me with insults, but wouldn't put anything in writing. I offered to forward a copy of the CarFax and the email from the guy that was the previous manager of the dealer of the entire dealership, but she said it wouldn't add value. She said the weld has been reviewed by Chevrolet Staff.
Update added by user Dec 11, 2015
Fowler Chevrolet, part of http://www.fowlerauto.com/ (recently changed their name) with Fowler Toyota, repaired our 2008 Impala after an accident.First round repairs were $9,800 on a $12,000 vehicle and then CARFAX showed frame damage above and beyond the accident notation after the repairs!
It was in the shop over 7 weeks and insurance only covered for 30 days of a rental vehicle, but since we were renting from their fleet, they had no incentive to get it done.
I requested quality assurance in writing regarding the repair area after the CarFax concerns. I also requested more information regarding if the welder was certified etc..., but have not received anything substantial in writing.
The body shop manager, Chris Helm, was terminated soon after our repairs.
We took a huge loss when selling the vehicle because of the CarFax notation of the "Structural" issues beyond the wreck.
Original review posted by user Dec 11, 2015
I would like to see a repair accountability process at Auto Manufacturer's authorized dealerships. Spending more to repair a vehicle than it was worth prior to the wreck only lines the pockets of the dealers.
On the same day of the accident, I emailed the body shop "Please don’t proceed with significant repairs until the frame structure is determined to be fine ", but they started without contacting me.
See attached weld/repair from Fowler Chevrolet (now David Stanley's Riverside Chevrolet) in Tulsa, Oklahoma. General Motors/Chevrolet sent in a representative that gave their OK to this! See attached picture.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Refund for value reduction because of Carfax showing "Structural Damage" of $10,000 that helps cover my time on this.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- David Stanleys Riverside Chevrolet Auto Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is my brand new jayco pinnacle Rv bought in January 2015 it is also a 2015 Rv after one trip you can see how big the stress crack was..."
- "This is a cautionary tale and one that anyone seeking to buy a used vehicle from Big Motoring World should take note of and give due consideration to.Having attempted to..."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "I had combination skin (dry AND oily), dark spots and fine wrinkles. I was asked by a consultant to try Rodan + Fields products for 30 days. I did that..."
- "This the email stating actual and true facts and I did offer to provide to them actual documented proof from physicians. I am now convinced that even the executives do..."
- "This company has the worst customer service ever, they just don't want to listen to you when you are trying to tell them that you want to canceled future orders,..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "Do not purchase anything from buysquad!!!! They're very unprofessional and not on point. I purchased a 70 inch flatscreen from them and paid for the express delivery which should've had..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."